Today the EBL (European Bridge League) has posted the full text of the decision of the EBL Disciplinary Commission concerning Cezary Balicki and Adam Zmudzinski.
The Disciplinary Commission hereby rules:
1. Messrs Cezary Balicki and Adam Zmudzinski have infringed Rule 3 of the Regulations during the 2014 EBL European Championships in Opatija, Croatia.
2. The evidence does not sustain a conviction of Messrs Cezary Balicki and Adam Zmudzinski for illicit exchange of information through prearranged methods of communication during the Competition.
3. No sanction shall be imposed on the Messrs Cezary Balicki and Adam Zmudzinski.
4. There shall be no order as to costs.
5. All other motions or prayers for relief are dismissed.
Date of the decision: 10 February 2017
Rule 3 of the Regulations states: “A player’s first call should touch the extreme left of his own segment of the bidding tray, with subsequent calls overlapping neatly and evenly to the right”.
The story – In September last year the WBF Credential Committee withdrew their invitation to the Bermuda Bowl in Chennai to the illustrious Polish stars, they were replaced by Piotr Gawrys and Michal Klukowski. In May of this year the European Bridge League (EBL) president, Mr Yves Aubry, decided to refer the case to the EBL Disciplinary Commission, “as the pair are suspected of committing infractions of the laws of Bridge”.
- 26 September 2015: WBF Credential Committee »
- 2 October 2015: PBU Statement »
- 4 November 2015: Poland withdrew from Champions’ CUP »
- 5 November 2015: Cezary Balicki’s Statement »
- 7 May 2016: Poznan case »
- 8 May 2016: PBU on Poznan Case »
- 30 May 2016: EBL Disciplinary Commission »
- 7 October 2016: Open letter from PBU to EBL »
- 11 Otober 2016: EBL’s Reply to PBU »