At the instigation of the EBL Senior Committee, a proposal to modify the age conditions for Senior events (Teams & Pairs) was presented to the WBF Executive Committee during their meeting in Lyon in August and was accepted.
The minimum age for participants will increase from 60 to 65 years old (one year every two years) according to the following schedule:
– Born in 1957 or earlier for the championship in 2018
– Born in 1958 or earlier for the championships in 2019 and 2020
– Born in 1959 or earlier for the championships in 2021 and 2022
– Born in 1960 or earlier for the championships in 2023 and 2024
– Born in 1961 or earlier for the championships in 2025 and 2026
Thus, to participate in our next European Team Championships in Ostend in June 2018, any players registering in the Senior Series will have to be born in 1957 or earlier (first step from 60 to 61 years old).
Source: EBL – European Bridge League