The Lederer Memorial Trophy is a high level invitational teams event held each year in memory of Richard Lederer (1894-1941), international player who contributed greatly to the development of English bridge. The Trophy was established in 1945 by Richard’s son, Tony Lederer. The 2011 edition will be held from 19 to 20 November at Young Chelsea Bridge Club in London (UK). Us usual, many bridge stars partecipate in this competition, including Zia Mahmood who has just won this Trophy seven times.
The partecipating teams for this year are:
• President’s Team: Bernard Teltscher, Tony Priday, Victor Silverstone, Chris Dixon, John Matheson, Willie Coyle, Ian Panto
• Gold Cup: Simon Gillis, Zia Mahmood, David Burn, Gunner Hallberg, Frederik Bjornlund and Robert Sheehan
• Ireland: Hugh McGann, Tom Hanlon, Adam Mesbur, Nick Fitzgibbon.
• Scotland: Brian Spears, John Murdoch, Derek Sanders, Derek Diamond.
• Holders: Alexander Allfrey, Andrew Robson, Tony Forrester, David Bahkshi, Peter Crouch.
• Spring Fours: Sandra Penfold, Nevena Senior, Stefan Skorchev, Rumen Trendafilov.
• Premier League: Michael Byrne, Mike Bell, Espen Erichsen, Norman Selway, Neil Rosen, Martin Jones.
• Young Chelsea: Frances Hinden, Graham Osborne, Mike Scoltock, Barry Myers, Andy Bowles, John Howard.
The matches will be broadcast on BBO.
November 17, 2011