Two days ago, Neapolitan Club and BridgeTopics.com have launched “My way”, the new Norberto Bocchi’s column: The great Italian champion will contribute articles on a regular basis about political issues which may arise in the bridge world and sometimes he will describe interesting hands. In the first column he shares his views with us on great events like the Slava Cup, the World Mind Sports Games and the American Nationals. Jean-Cherles Allavena, Monaco Bridge Federation’s President, has commented Bocchi’s article:
Very very interesting post and idea from your website. Congratulations… Two or three points in return:
* Concerning the date of the WMSG (World Mind Sports Games), I agree that August is not the best period (even if the approach may be different for professional players like Norberto and for amateur players in many teams, who have to take holidays in June for the European and generally work again in September or October).
* I also agree when he says that we’re in February and it’s not normal not to know the location; but I don’t feel that it’s right to say that the approah is not professional, I believe that Jose Damiani, in charge of this, is certanly the most experimented bridge president…
* This shows how difficult it is to organize big events now, because EBL, WBF or IMSA want the best for the players, but have no money and no sponsors, because we’re in a period of crisis and it’s difficult for cities to finance such events… EBL has faced successfully, with the support of the Irish Fed, the late withdraw of Greece, IMSA is facing difficulties, let’s hope they will be solved soon.
* Just a (partly humoristic) point : strange t read tha it’s a problem to have a Championship beginning of August, but that it’s enthusiastic to play in Philadelphia end of July!!!
* No special comment concerning the Slava Cup : you imagine that I’m happy of the final result and, as Norberto says it, proud of the great bridge produced by Fulvio and Claudio…
Fed Bridge Monaco
February 25, 2012